Sunday, June 17, 2007

700 Club and Dennis Fritz Author of Journey Toward Justice at Book Expo

With the attendees of 36,000, almost 2,000 publishers, 1,262 authors and 3,400 librarians the convention floor of the Javits Center was extremely crowed! Who would believe you would bump into old friends.
On Sat. June 2, while Dennis Fritz and I were walking down the isles to get some lunch, we heard "Dennis Fritz is that you?". He heard that called a dozen of times since his appearance on Dateline last May 22, while at the book expo. Many people started a conversation with Dennis which ended with him giving them a signed copy of his book. This time was different. He heard the voice and did not know where it was coming from. This one isle we were walking down had over 100 people going in both directions, carrying loads of books. The crowd was very friendly, and there were people from all over the world. I heard the word excuse me in many languages, (at least to my limited , basic knowledge of languages) I believe, were excuse me. The mystery ended when 2 arms reached out from the crowd and hugged Dennis with a friendly hello. It was Molly Young, Senior Guest Coordinator from Pat Roberson The 700 Club. Along with Molly Young were Stacy Fincher, Segment Producer and Ivorie Anthony, Talent Coordinator. Years back they did a show on Dennis Fritz called, "Dennis Fritz - Vindicated".

700 Club Highlights
Over the years The 700 Club has become well known for its fresh and insightful interviews, hard-hitting special reports, and dramatic features. Some recent highlights include:
International news coverage on the persecution of Christians around the world including Sudan, Pakistan, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Egypt, China, Burma and Indonesia; Israeli election; and the nuclear proliferation in Iraq, Iran, and North Korea were covered. Extensive political coverage of the 2000 election and post-election legal battle. Breaking news coverage of the September 2001 terrorist attacks against America. As well as up-to-date facts and forecasts on the stock market and the economy.


Dennis Fritz, with his warm Midwestern accent, invited them to his booth so we all could chat. I lived in New York all my life and visited many states, even drove cross country 2 times. I like the Midwestern accent. People like David Letterman, Johnny Carson, Tom Brokaw and "ya know" Casey Kasem are all from the Midwest and enjoyed their shows. "ya Know" were the words Kasem used many times after a commercial break or song. I know, I was a big fan of his and miss his shows very much. Kerri Kasem, the daughter of Casey Kasem and first wife, Linda Myers Kasem, has a radio talk show. I listen to it and think she has an American Standard English Accent. She was born in London June 6,1978 and grew up in Hollywood, Ca. Great Show. Listen to her on the internet. The Alan Stock and Kerri Kasem Talk Show. KXNT am 840 weekdays 5 am to 9 am. Las Vegas. I cannot believe Kerri Kasem auditioned for Host on American Idol and did not get it. Kerri if you read this," Let's Do Lunch". Have your people get in touch with my people. "lol" Back to my story..
When we got back to Dennis's Booth, there he introduced me to his friends. They shared many stories, some happy, some sad. The meeting lasted an hour and we all promised to keep in touch. Stacey Fincher has a great spot on "My Space", with a great story, a story I may add here soon. Stay tuned

Here is the 700 Guest Bio of Dennis Fritz
Dennis Fritz: Vindicated
By The 700 Club
CBN.com - FIGHT FOR FREEDOM Dennis Fritz was an ordinary man living an ordinary life in Ada, Oklahoma. A school teacher, whose wife was brutally murdered in 1975, Dennis was raising his young daughter on his own. On one night in 1987, when a young woman named Debra Carter was raped and murdered, Fritz's ordinary life came crashing down. Though he had never met Carter, Fritz was questioned, and then arrested for the crime. Fritz was wrongfully convicted after a swift trial. The vote of a lone juror saved him from the death penalty and he was sentenced to a life behind bars. His codefendant, Ronnie Williamson, was sentenced to death.

Fritz served 12 years in prison before he was exonerated and released. During his time in prison, Fritz immersed himself in an intense study of the law and wrote hundreds of letters and appellate briefs in his own defense, hoping someone would take an interest in his case. After ten desperate years, he discovered an organization called, Innocence Project, which was helpful in getting the DNA testing needed that proved Fritz was innocent. On April 15, 1999, after twelve years in prison, both Fritz an his codefendant were free men.

Though a free man, much of his life had been taken from him. He realized just how much he had missed when he walked out of his jail cell and met his daughter, whom he barely recognized. "As I turned to enter, I saw a beautiful young woman standing in front of me. In a split second, I realized that this radiant woman with the beautiful smile was Elizabeth. My blessed mother was standing by her side. An uncontrollable feeling welled up in my chest and I began to cry. In that very same visiting room years earlier I had last seen Elizabeth as a young girl."

USING GOD'S STRENGTH IN SUFFERING
Though he spent 12 years in prison, Fritz says he never once was bitter to or blamed the Lord. "I always looked at it, if anything, as it was Satan that had put me in this situation," he says. Fritz, who had accepted the Lord and was baptized at age eight, journeyed with Christ through his life, but says it was his time in prison that brought him closer to God. It was during that time that Fritz had to rely solely on faith in God to make it through. He says he didn't allow himself to ask God "why" too many times. Instead he trusted the Lord. He says he witnessed miracles in prison, and actually heard God's voice telling him, "Trust me." So that is what he did. He was patient, and worked diligently seeking his freedom, but waited for God's time and never gave up. "If it was up to man, I would still be in there," Fritz says. Fortunately for him, it was God who was in control.

TAKING BACK HIS LIFE
Now in his book, Journey Toward Justice, Fritz tells his horrifying story. The book is a chilling illustration of how one prosecutor's reckless pursuit of justice shattered a man's life. Journey Toward Justice is a testimony to the triumph of the human spirit and how one man's faith and resolve, along with the wonder of technology, helped transform his life again.

Fritz said in an article for The Tulsa World, "I gave the Lord all the credit for this. That was my mission from the start with this book-to let everyone know that it was the Lord who pulled me through this. He helped keep me more or less emotionally stable during my time in prison, even those times when I felt like I was hanging on the last thread of a rope." Fritz says he wants to use his book to glorify God as well as bring greater awareness about false convictions.


For first time visitors to my blog.
Jan., 2007, I read Dennis Fritz's book "
Journey Toward Justice" . I was so influenced by this book, I started my first blog , http://barbarasblogspot.blogspot.com/ titled, "Barbara's Journey Toward Justice". I decided to join Dennis Fritz's Journey to bring public awareness to issues such as:Wrongful Convictions - Death Penalty - The Exonerated - Faith - The Criminal Justice System and The Innocence Project.In the past 6 months I have received hundreds of emails from people all over the world. Last month I received an email from James Riordan - Seven Locks Press the Publisher of Dennis Fritz's Book. Mr. Riordan invited me to the Book Expo 2007 NYC Jacob Javits Center. I answered his email saying, yes, in a few days he sent me tickets. I must say, I was very excited to get to meet and talk with Dennis Fritz. I will post more about the show and my meeting Dennis Fritz at a later date. I had a wonderful time, Dennis Fritz is an amazing gentleman with some great stories. There is just so much to write about. I will be posting some stories and more photos.


Journey Toward Justice Author Dennis Fritz click here On Amazon Here
International Orders Order Here Journey Toward Justice by Dennis Fritz From Around The World click on here
Amazon International Just type in Journey Toward Justice Author Dennis Fritz

No comments: