Monday, February 18, 2008

Book Excerpt Journey Toward Justice Author Dennis Fritz One Day Before Freedom

One day before freedom:
I got back up in my bunk and pondered the many questions that plagued my mind. When I awoke to the jangle of keys in the door, I realized that I must have dozed off for a while. The guard said that there were some people there to see me. I followed him to the visiting room.
As I turned to enter, I saw a beautiful young woman standing in front of me. In a split second, I realized that this radiant woman with the beautiful smile was Elizabeth. My blessed mother was standing by her side. An uncontrollable feeling welled up in my chest and I began to cry. In that very same visiting room years earlier I had last seen Elizabeth as a young girl.


Now she was grown up. She looked so much like her mother. We stood for a moment, uncertain about what to do as we stared at each other, our faces quivering with emotion. Then we lunged into each other’s arms, embracing each other with every ounce of emotion that had been locked away inside us for the past twelve years.

With our hearts, minds, and bodies united, we embraced for what seemed like a lifetime—the lifetime that we had been cheated out of.
“Daddy, you are going home tomorrow,” Elizabeth said, her voice trembling. I could feel her hot tears falling on my neck and shoulders. “I’ve missed you and love you so much, Dad.”


Page 447

Excerpt from "Journey Toward Justice" by Dennis Fritz Copyright © 2006 by Seven Locks Press.
Excerpted by permission of Seven Locks Press All rights reserved.
No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
On Amazon - Journey Toward Justice Author Dennis Fritz On Amazon Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading John Grisham's book. I am so glad you are free. It just seemed so obvious that you both were innocent. I hope you received a large settlement to last the rest of your life. You deserve it.
I wish you the best.